A Soup For Lovers of Ginger
This is a recipe for lovers of ginger and packs a powerful punch. It uses lots of fresh and ground ginger and a little turmeric which are both natural anti-inflammatories.
- 400g can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion – chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 30g ginger – peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 500ml of chicken/veg stock
- 1 medium green chilli – finely chopped (optional)
Heat the oil and gently cook the onions until soft. Add the garlic, chilli (optional), chickpeas and grated ginger plus a splash of water (to prevent sticking) and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat. Stirring to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Add the ground ginger and turmeric and stir to combine. Add the stock and place lid on the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Garnish with coriander and serve with your favourite bread.