Paneer is an Indian cheese and goes well with strong spices. You can now buy this delicious cheese in most high street supermarkets. This meal is super quick and requires little preparation. It’s full of flavour and perfect if you want a fuss-free midweek meal.
- 400g can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 220g packet of ready made paneer – cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- I medium red onion – finely sliced lengthways
- Handful of fresh chopped coriander
In a bowl mix together the oil, cumin, chilli powder, turmeric, onions and salt. Add the chickpeas and paneer. Stir and ensure all the paneer is coated.
Heat either a non-stick wok or a pan to high heat. Tip all the ingredients of the bowl into the pan. Stir as it sizzles. Leave the heat on high and keep stirring until the paneer begins to toast. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Find more chickpea recipes in One Can of Chickpeas.