Simply add your own filling to this simple vegan pancake. Easy to prepare and ready in minutes.
Chick pea flour (Gram Flour) can be bought from most supermarkets and found in the international food section.
What you need to make vegan pancakes…
- 100g chickpea flour
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 100ml freshly boiled hot water
- heat-proof mixing bowl and a wooden spoon
- griddle or frying pan
- little oil or butter for frying
Step by step to instructions to vegan pancakes
- Tip the chickpea flour into the bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix.
- Add the oil and slowly begin pouring in the hot water.
- Stir the mixture using a spoon, slowly combining the ingredients.
- The mixture should resemble single cream. If it doesn’t and is too thick add splashes of water until it does. And if it is too thin add teaspoonfuls of chickpea flour.
- Ensure the mixture is combined and there are no lumps.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with a plate.
- Switch on the hob and heat the pan or griddle. Add a tsp of olive oil or butter to the pan and melt.
- With a ladle or a mug pour roughly a quarter of the liquid into the pan and swirl to cover as much of the base as possible.
- On medium heat cook one side and then flip with a spatula to cook the other side. Shouldn’t need more than 3 minutes on both sides.
- Remove from the heat onto a plate and add your favourite filling.
Some delicious vegan pancake filling ideas
- Maple syrup and bananas.
- Strawberries and melted dark chocolate.
- Squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of muscovado sugar.
- Raspberries and marshmallows.
- Peanut butter and honey.